Account Number??

MichelleW1
New Community Member

This should be easy but for some reason it's not- where can I find my account number? I want to pay my balance via check and it says to write my "account number" on the check- but I can't find this anywhere. I haven't had my first statement yet either so it's not on there. 

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

dadepfan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I talked to them on the phone several weeks ago and they said they could not give me the full account number over the phone.  I told them to email me with the number, and they said they could not do that either.  They said the only way was for them to mail me a paper statement, so I asked them to do that.  It never arrived.  So a couple weeks ago I signed up for paper statements online.  The new statement is now online, but I still have not received a paper version.

I need to pay this off with a balance transfer by the end of October, but I cannot do that without the full account number.  This is a cheap dirty trick by PayPal to try and force us into incurring the full interest.  Someone should start a class-action suit.  I will NEVER use PayPal credit again.

Dave

Login to Me Too

dadepfan
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received a paper statement with the full account number - in the nick of time!

Dave

Login to Me Too

Chuka115
Contributor
Contributor
What?! That’s so dumb. How the heck can they block you from doing a balance transfer? That’s so dumb
Login to Me Too

danielsweb
New Community Member

I called customer support at span>. They authenticated me through my mobile phone (same as is on record with PayPal) and the customer agent read out my account number.

If that fails, you can request specific statements by mail by going to Statements then scrolling all the way down to the bottom and clicking on "request past statement." Pick any one, and it should arrive in the mail within a week. Here's the direct link at the time I was doing it: https://paypalcredit.syf.com/eServicePayPal/CopyOfStatements/copyOfHistStatementsAction.action

Hope this helps anybody else who comes to this page looking for this information.

Login to Me Too

Ponyvillage1
This is ridiculous. It’s your debt/credit they can’t hide your account info from you. Pretty sure this is not legal if anyone wants to go class action
Login to Me Too

Canariefan78
Contributor
Contributor
Did as the adviser said downloaded the pdf and my account/credit number had a lad of X's with just the last 4 digits showing, I need this account number as I'm trying to set up a DMP (Debt Management Plan) with a company called Payplan and they require the 16 digit number.
Login to Me Too

RoyalTea
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, the way paypal & synchrony is doing this is frustrating and it doesn't feel like it's for "security reasons".
Anyway, you can get your paypal credit account number without a mailing address, but you still need to talk to an agent.
Steps:

1. Login to Paypal and view PayPal credit account.
  2. Click "Chat" at the very top of the page in the blue bar.
  3. You'll now see a chat dialog with an annoying virtual chat assistant called "Sydney".
  4. Tell that bot to kick rocks. Ignore the chat links and type "agent".
  5. Inform the agent that you need your Paypal Credit account number for bank bill pay.
  6. They will have to send you a sms message with code to your phone number. They can't use a VOIP number.
  7. Once you send the agent the code they will give you your Paypal Credit account number.
  8. Copy the account number and save it somewhere before you close the chat because it will be removed in any message logs.

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

Godslillady
Contributor
Contributor
The post by RoyalTea on 2/21/2020 about going to the chat box and asking for an agent worked for me. It was quick, easy and painless. Thank you! It was frustrating to find the answer but you have ended my search. @RoyalTea
Login to Me Too

micaelaalfinete
Contributor
Contributor
Idont see my account number
Login to Me Too

Onizukachan
New Community Member

Your credit report shows the first 12 and stars out the last 4

paypal statement stars the first 12 and shows the last 4. 

put them together and you’ve got your account number. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.