Account Info for Refund

Ikikuru
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Im getting a refund from a company for a kick starter project. They have asked me for my PayPal account details. No sure where I find these details to give to them, the original payment was not made with paypal, I also just have a credit card linked to paypal, no bank account, so would the refund be onto my credit card?

can you help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ikikuru 

If you paid as a guest buyer then when they refund it would go back to your card, all they had to do was process the refund from their side.

If they are asking you for your paypal email address that identifies your paypal account then they may be 'sending' a payment as a refund rather than using the refund option (because you paid as a guest), if so get them to use the friends/family option if you have that option in your country so you don't pay a fee and have a new seller hold.   

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ikikuru
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the info. So I paid via kick starter with my credit card, not via PayPal at all, but it looks likes that’s how they want to refund me. The way they ask the question is like I should be giving them an account number or something!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.