Accidentally hit decline when receiving a payment

jayyybabyy16
New Community Member
I had a friend send me $300 yesterday morning through Facebook Messenger Pay. I then sent it from there to my PayPal account. I hit accept after adding my card information, but somehow it registered that I declined it. When I try to add a card on my Facebook app instead, it won't let me. And it also says that the payment has been sent successfully to my PayPal acct. The money has already been withdrawn from the sender's bank acct. But I still haven't gotten it. But FB says it's on my PayPal acct and won't let me retrieve it. PayPal acct says successfully completed BUT declined(by yours truly) I did not hit the decline button and my friend is not able to send anymore, because they already took it out of her acct. Is there anyway that an admin could get on my acct somehow and just reverse the accidental decline? I need this money. It was to buy diapers, formula, and pay my heat bill. Or else my heat will be getting shut off in 2 days.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi jayyybabyy16,

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble with the Facebook payment, that definitely sounds frustrating. As the issue occurred in accepting the payment, nothing would have arrived within the PayPal account. Due to this, you would need to speak with Facebook to have the issue resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience, but hopefully the issue is able to be resolved soon.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.