Accidentally chose payment to come from bank account, not debit card.

Lina181
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

On eBay, I accidentally paid with the PayPal option to use the bank account, and not my debit card. Do I need to worry about this causing any issues with either my transaction or my bank?

However, there may not be any issues(?)As the eBay transaction says the status is "complete", the funding type was "Instant Bank Transfer" and "Your transfer from your bank to your PayPal account is complete".

Do I need to do anything further or is everything fine? I should also note that the transaction has not appeared in my online banking yet.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lina181

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal 'credit' the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lina181
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

So will I need to do anything or will that transfer process be done without further action from me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.