Accepting payments from Paypal credit for Ebay items

Duke_Leto
Contributor
Contributor

Situation: Someone purchased an item from me on Ebay and are unable to pay for said item with Paypal Credit.  They said that my paypal account is declining the payment.

Sounds like they have a problem with their paypal credit, but just wanted to check with someone that has more experience with accepting payments that I have.  Is there some setting in Paypal that says "don't ever accept paypal credit payments?"

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Duke_Leto

Paypal credit is offered by paypal, they don't always offer it and buyers can only use it when it is.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Duke_Leto wrote:

Situation: Someone purchased an item from me on Ebay and are unable to pay for said item with Paypal Credit.  They said that my paypal account is declining the payment.

Sounds like they have a problem with their paypal credit, but just wanted to check with someone that has more experience with accepting payments that I have.  Is there some setting in Paypal that says "don't ever accept paypal credit payments?"

Thanks!

No, there isn't. Usually sellers don't know or realize that the buyer is using PayPal Credit or Pay After Delivery because PayPal just deposits the funds into your account after payment completes. 

Not all transactions are eligible to be paid by PayPal Credit and PayPal reserves the right to restrict ability to use credit line depending on the circumstances of each purchase specifically to each account. If they can't pay with PayPal Credit, they'll need to use another available payment method instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.