Accepting payments for vacation house rentals

bobtmcd
Contributor
Contributor

I am considering using paypal for accepting a vacation rental. If the renter uses paypal to transfer the funds, is there a fee if they use a credit card instead of their personal bank account? Also, if they use a linked debit card to their account (instead of their bank account) the way i seem to read the paypal fee info, the fee is either 1% of the amount or a max of $10 for the transaction? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @bobtmcd,

There is a difference between the fees to receive a payment and the fees involved with withdrawing funds. The fee to receive the payment will depend on if the payment is sent as Goods&Services or as Friends&Family, and you can view the differences here as well as the fees section at the bottom of our site. Once the amount is in your PayPal balance, you can then transfer the amount to your bank for free or take advantage of the "instant transfer" option, which involves a transfer fee of 1% with a maximum fee of $10 for personal PayPal accounts. 

I hope this information helps.

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.