Accepting money without ssn

JayGreg
Contributor
Contributor
So I tried accepting money from a business account, it then said i needed a ssn. If i get money from a personal account will I still need SSN
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

JayGreg
Contributor
Contributor
Your saying if it is personal i still need ssn? I never needed it around october
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JayGreg 

Did you read the link??? This was the FIRST line...

Starting March 29, we are changing the way our personal accounts work in the United States. 

After March 29, if someone sends you money and you don’t yet have a balance account, you’ll see an Accept the Money button. Once you click on it, you’ll see two options: Transfer it to your bank and Keep it in PayPal. Click Keep it in PayPal and follow the steps to get set up with PayPal Cash. This includes viewing the disclosures, user agreement and confirming your identity with us. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eiddyany
New Community Member

not helpful ..how can I accept money without ssn ..what you wrote is not a answer

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eiddyany 

You can't, that good enough for you?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nut673 

And this from someone that hasn't helped a single person on this forum ever  🤣

I will answer, when, if and however I like.

I gave a factual answer, the second poster was the rude one when I gave up my time to try and help the first one.

Equally the first poster provided me with x1 solution and x4 people left kudos.........so that leaves you in the minority.

But hey if you think you can do better then feel free to do so, I will await your helpful posts to other users of this forum with interest.

Or do you just give up your time to be rude to those that do help?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

melindastone

What I am hearing from you is that the new rules say you cannot accept $ even from friends w/o uploading SSN.  I am not a biz, have had a personal account for ages and am getting <$20 quarterly from Rakuten and rarely $100 from family.  Seems so intrusive that they need it for that small amt--is there a workaround or exception?  Paypal sez they need it for IRS purposes and that they usually only do it if paypal account generates $20k in sales.  This is not even close to that so I am feeling a disconnect.  So frustrated at being victimized by a "he who has the gold makes the rules" mentality.  Any insights you have would be helpful.

Login to Me Too

melindastone

What I am hearing from you is that the new rules say you cannot accept $ even from friends w/o uploading SSN.  I am not a biz, have had a personal account for ages and am getting <$20 quarterly from Rakuten and rarely $100 from family.  Seems so intrusive that they need it for that small amt--is there a workaround or exception?  Paypal sez they need it for IRS purposes and that they usually only do it if paypal account generates $20k in sales.  This is not even close to that so I am feeling a disconnect.  So frustrated at being victimized by a "he who has the gold makes the rules" mentality.  Any insights you have would be helpful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.