AWAITING MISSING REFUNDS, CUSTOMER SERVICE MIA

ShadowRevan20
Contributor
Contributor

I am due two refunds from two different merchants, one processed Wednesday and the other Thursday. According to rules in PayPal support since transaction was done with PayPal Cash Card refund should have shown up day each refund was processed yet zero trace in my PayPal account or Cash Card balance in any status. Still waiting on both refunds. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!!Cannot get ahold of ANYONE at PayPal. Phone lines: shut down. Message center: stuck in

revolving cycle of ‘our agent should respond within an hour’ and ‘someone will respond within a few hours’. This has gone on for DAYS. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

JD5261
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ShadowRevan20 

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. 

If your refunds are still not showing on your PayPal cash account and the status both showing as Pending, it means that the sellers issued the refund using money from their bank which has not cleared yet. This process takes 3-5 business days to complete. Once the process is completed, the refunds will be credited to your PayPal cash account.

We value your business and regret that you have had this experience.

Login to Me Too

ShadowRevan20
Contributor
Contributor

There’s the irony: no sign of the refund is present in PayPal AT ALL. Not even Pending. At least not on my end anyway. YET, the company issuing the refund stated they initiated the process of the refund on the 26th of March and that all that is left is for it to show on the receiving end (i.e. in my PayPal Cash Card Account. 

Login to Me Too

JD5261
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ShadowRevan20 

If the status of the original payments you sent are completed but your seller said that they initiated it March 26, it is possible that they sent the refund as a new payment. In this case, I suggest getting back to your seller and ask if they sent it to your email address or phone number. If they sent it to the same email address registered to your account, kindly have it confirmed to receive it. If they sent it to your phone number, kindly have your phone confirmed to received it. If they sent it to an incorrect email address that doesn’t exist, have the seller cancel the transaction and advise them to issue a refund. I have provided the steps below, that you can forward to your seller on how to refund the original payments you sent.

Here's how to refund a payment:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Select the payment you want to refund.
  3. Click Refund this payment.
  4. Under "Total Refund Amount," enter the amount you want to refund (you may have the option to refund a partial amount of the payment), and then click Issue Refund (you'll be directed to a page confirming that your refund has been sent).

Hope it helps! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.