A simpl;e funds sourcing question

jimmy418
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I used PayPal to pay Network Solutions for email services. The wrong account was used to pay them.

I have it setup so that purchases, etc. are charged to my Master Card, yet this charge was sent directly to my bank.

How did this happen? It nearly caused a crisis!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

buzuli
New Community Member

I also found this confusing. Turns out there were three different places where I could configure the default funding source for payments. One was for online payment, one was for card payment, and one was for mobile payment (Google Pay). These must each be configured individually and are in different locations within the settings section on their mobile app (haven't configured these from their website before).

Login to Me Too

SonofSophia
Contributor
Contributor

This also happened to me.  My 15 year backup bank source for payments was not used,

instead a new account I opened to receive transfers from PP was charged.  incurring overdraft

fees for five transactions in December.  Then this unauthorized use of that account stopped.

I'd linked this second acct. to paypal over 6 mo earlier, and no such activity occurred. It was not

automatically defaulted to my primary backup acct.  I didn't choose this account in any of the

transactions.  Long story short, apparently, I cannot dispute this error on paypal's part and receive

any credit or refund for these fees... I am officially disputing anyway, to see if they can find out what

actually happened, which customer service at least cannot, or will not?, tell me.  We'll see what disputes

says.   Any of this sound familiar?  I suggested PP contact my bank to have them credit me the NSF fees,

instead of PP.  We shall see.  Any similar snafus to report?

Login to Me Too

chitchens
New Community Member

I actually have had the same problem twice in the last month. I have the preferred funding source set up for an automatic payment vendor to be a credit cared. The source actually used to pay this vendor (on 2 separate occasions) was my bank account... not good. I called PayPal and was told that there is an open issue with funding sources right now. The representative told me not to change anything on the vendor and to await their reply. I have received no word from them to date and am still not able to pay this vendor with the appropriate funding source. Has anyone else called PayPal about this issue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.