A refund money is being on hold indefinitely

Temp20240117A
New Community Member

Money being refunded from an earlier payment I made using the same account for service I did not like is getting held indefinitely and no way to contact these criminals. The sender who simply refunded my money is saying he has nothing to do with this because he already refunded my money, and this company has no way of contacting them and the website is circular and does not allow any form of communication, and no one with a biological brain to answer the phone. How could I get my money that is being held. Should I take these criminals to court or what? 

Whoever built this company is a first class criminal. To design it like the way it is designed, blocking all communications and holding money without reason is the mind of a criminal. Question how this company operates in a country like the US which last time I checked still has laws.  How could other people's money gets hold indefinitely and no channel of contact available? Third world countries don't have it that bad.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20240117A 

Did the seller 'send' you a payment rather than use the 'refund' option?

If so is it being held under the new seller hold?

If so then as you have nothing to sell funds should be released at 21 days, but the issue was caused by the seller sending the refund the wrong way.

Also if he sent it using goods/services he can also dispute it later on.

HOWEVER if you mean its pending then......

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.