A merchant says they take pay-pal but it's not an option at checkout.

SEggleston
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened a couple of time when I have been attempting to purchase something.

The merchant SAYS on the Website that they accept Credit Cards AND Pay Pal.

When I get to the checkout and then payment, this is what I see.

There is no option to pay from my Pay Pal balance. (which is quite sufficient.)

Is this Kosher or is something either amiss or misleading?

Thanx!

paypal-problemf.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @SEggleston,

Thanks for reaching out! If you're running into issues using your balance at checkout, it could be one of two things: either our security system is preventing the balance from being used as a funding source for that particular transaction, or you're establishing a billing agreement or subscription, which wouldn't display the balance as a preferred funding source. If it's the former, I'd recommend referring to this article on why you can't make or send a payment. If it's the latter, here's some information on how to change the way you pay for a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installme....

Thanks,

Gwen

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @SEggleston,

Thanks for reaching out! If you're running into issues using your balance at checkout, it could be one of two things: either our security system is preventing the balance from being used as a funding source for that particular transaction, or you're establishing a billing agreement or subscription, which wouldn't display the balance as a preferred funding source. If it's the former, I'd recommend referring to this article on why you can't make or send a payment. If it's the latter, here's some information on how to change the way you pay for a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installme....

Thanks,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.