A friend sent money and it says received but pending

Angeleyes792020
Contributor
Contributor
Could I cancel it and send it back to the person if I can do that. How do I do it ?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angeleyes792020 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Glynis63
Contributor
Contributor
I can't accept the money to my prepaid debit card, so the money is in limbo. The message says 'having trouble completing your request right now'
Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Angeleyes792020

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

You can issue a full or partial refund within 180 days from the transaction date.

Here's how to refund a payment:
1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
2. Select the payment you want to refund.
3. Click Refund this payment.
4. Under "Total Refund Amount," enter the amount you want to refund (you may have the option to refund a partial amount of the payment), and then click Issue Refund (you'll be directed to a page confirming that your refund has been sent).

You can't issue refunds from PayPal Mobile App. Refunds can only be done after logging into your account on www.paypal.com.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jil013 

How do they refund ''pending'' funds?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Glynis63
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.