$9 charge??

delfineosquare
New Community Member

After linking a credit card to my paypal account (through iTunes), I got an email saying that Paypal charged $9. Why is this? And how can I get a refund on this? I did not mean to charge $9 on my credit card, and if I knew this would happen I obviously wouldn't have done it.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome tot he PayPal Community.

I recommend contacting iTunes directly for information on the payment if the payment took place through iTunes.

-David R

Login to Me Too

vanessakehau
New Community Member
I just connected my paypal account to apple pay/itunes/the app store as well and now I am seeing a $9 charge on my bank statement. It’s not even showing as a transaction on my paypal account history so is it actually fraud??
Login to Me Too

kimwymer
New Community Member
This has happened to me as well after linking my PayPal account to a free subscription of Apple TV. It’s not like the subscription expired, I literally got charged the same day I created it. Regardless, I am not seeing any explanation for the $9 charge anywhere on the Internet, and I have noticed that a lot of people have come across this issue. I would love some kind of reasoning to the charge if anyone had any.
Login to Me Too

balikuntao
New Community Member

I've got the same problem. After I linked my Paypal to my Apple account and started Apple Music free trial, I was charged $9. But the transaction didn't turn up on my Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

SavKat
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone got a solution for this? I got charge $9 three times after linking my card through apple, the first two times it "didn't work"(load the screen saying it linked).. I would defiantly like a refund because its ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Wu13
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone got papal resolve this issue and got refund.

Login to Me Too

JosCardona26
Contributor
Contributor
Happen to me with Netflix linking to pay pal. They said in tiny letters that it’s a temporary pending of $9.99. The problem is that the link to Netflix did not go through and when I try it three more times it still didn’t work. So when I check my bank account they took 9.99 4 times and I canceled Netflix and yet they haven’t given me the money back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.