72 Hours Hold On Withdrawing Money

wrexham1980
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a paypal user for many years no change in how I use it or anything yet the last 2 payments I have withdrawn have been pending for 72 hours. Will all my withdrawls have to wait fof 72 hours? How will I know if the checking process has completed? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wrexham1980

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wrexham1980

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Stevenfrancklin
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal doesn’t state the 3 days holding on to our money until after their dialogue box stating ‘payment immediately’ to bank account and subsequent confirming withdrawal of funds. It’s disigenuous at best. What ‘security reasons’ are they holding the money for? What can’t they just say ‘for earning interest on your money reasons’ and be honest about it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stevenfrancklin

Very true / no idea / ask them?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dal2dal
New Community Member

I did ask and they won't answer - just continued to reply with these three (3) statements over and over:

• "this type of review can happen for various reasons. For example, you may have received a higher-than-usual amount of money into your account, you may be logging in from an unsecure network or you may have made changes to your account Settings recently."
  • "To provide one of the safest online payment services, our internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released."
  • "We will not be able to able to provide you the specific reason as this transaction is being reviewed on on our systems decision."

They will not explain what is being reviewed, why it is being reviewed, how it is being reviewed, or how the review impacts the safety of the transaction. At the end of the day, it comes down to a bunch of marketing speak for "we are going to charge you to process your payment and then we are going to keep your funds and earn interest on them rather than give them to you right away." 

I have never had this much issue getting money into a bank account from any of the other numerous options for processing payments and unless absolutely forced will never use paypal again to collect client payments. 

Login to Me Too

tednagel
Contributor
Contributor

Happening to me a lot lately. You will get ZERO help when you contact. In fact, I was lied to by multiple agents last time I tried to find out why. Demand the interest and you will be sent a check for it. They cannot keep any interest accrued if you ask for it. PayPal has become the ultimate payment sketchball.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.