7% Commissions

StefaniaLasagna
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

I am working to buy some items from a seller in Vietnam, and I am in the US.  They are asking for a 7% commission to deposit money and they want me to pay another 7% commission for them to pick up so all in all they are asking for 14% commission on top of the selling price and shipping costs.  Does this sound right to anyone?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

Sellers who accept PayPal have to agree that they will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. They may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee they charge for non-PayPal transactions.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

StefaniaLasagna
Contributor
Contributor

@Oregon11 wrote:

Sellers who accept PayPal have to agree that they will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. They may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee they charge for non-PayPal transactions.

I hope this helps.

Silly question, but would charging a commission fall under a surcharge category, or is this considered a handling fee?  Or something different altogether lolol.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

The answer to your question might be determined by the sellers billing amount of a non PayPal payment for the exact same order and shipping.

You're very welcome.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.