3D Secure verification not working

ndiver
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I have a Revolut creditcard linked to my account. I had no issues sending multiple  payments with this card around 2 weeks ago but as of January 1st 2021, Revolut requires a 3D Secure verification on payments.

Now, whenever I try to send a payment, Revolut blocks the creditcard charge because PayPal didn't initiate a 3D Secure verification. I've spoken to Revolut's support team about this but they said that they couldn't do anything about this because PayPal has to enable 3DS verifications on their end.

Is there anything here that I can possibly do?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

aaura2000
Contributor
Contributor

did you manage to solve the issue?

Login to Me Too

ndiver
Contributor
Contributor
Not really. I also sent PayPal an email about this but I haven’t heard back. I had to find a workaround. Instead of sending payments using my creditcard directly, I top up my balance instead by sending money to my PayPal IBAN.
Login to Me Too

Lithuania1980
New Community Member

I have the same problem

Login to Me Too

aaura2000
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal support told me to f... off and use another card. This is the support we are paying for .... Rubyia, just requested me to make a 2k payment from another card. It's good that she has this type of money lying around in all her credit cards

xxxxx upon checking I see that your card ending with **xxxx is confirmed. In this case, I request you to initiate this transaction via another card.

If the issue occurs again kindly share the screen shot.

Thank you.

7:08 PM

- Rubiya

Login to Me Too

aribolab
New Community Member

Same problem here. If that's the "solution" given by PayPal I'm wondering where they will end up with this service on which you cannot even pay.

Login to Me Too

Lemion
New Community Member
Any news on this matter? I have the same issue
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.