30 Day Refund????

Pablo5150
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PP community, Erm...30 days really? Have to be honest I find this hard to believe. Talked to my cousin who works in banking and he said some, erm, less than charming things about paypal (informative as it was) So, from the experience of people is this correct? Is there a way of lodging a complaint? The "protection" clause is clearly bogus - but how does this get resolved and how are paypal getting away with this? I paid for an item (eBay), it doesn't work - seller issued refund. So, technically at this moment I have no item and no cash? So I am confused and a little annoyed. Any help with this would be fantastic. Cheers
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pablo5150 wrote:
Hi PP community, Erm...30 days really? Have to be honest I find this hard to believe. Talked to my cousin who works in banking and he said some, erm, less than charming things about paypal (informative as it was) So, from the experience of people is this correct? Is there a way of lodging a complaint? The "protection" clause is clearly bogus - but how does this get resolved and how are paypal getting away with this? I paid for an item (eBay), it doesn't work - seller issued refund. So, technically at this moment I have no item and no cash? So I am confused and a little annoyed. Any help with this would be fantastic. Cheers

eBay and PayPal are separate entities with different time limits on when you can file dispute/get a refund. eBay offers 30 days to file dispute to get money back guarantee from estimate date of delivery but on PayPal, you have 180 days from date of payment to open a dispute. So locate the payment transaction and click "Report a problem" in the transaction details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pablo5150

If seller indeed issued refund, the refund will be credited back on the payment method used to fund the purchase. You can see if the refund has been processed in your activity page or in the original PayPal transaction details. 

If you paid with balance, the refund should be instant unless the seller is refunding with their bank account which may take several days and will go on to your balance. If you paid by credit/debit card, it'll appear there within a week to 30 days or your next card statement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.