24-hr Security Check on My Payment to a Seller But I've Heard Nothing from PayPal

mattruben
New Community Member

Hello all,

Recently made a payment to a seller, through a web site I use with PayPal payments all the time with no problems. Seller sent me a message saying PayPal put a 24-hour hold on the payment on HIS end: "We need to do a quick security check to make sure the buyer logged in to send you money."

Seller said he's never seen this before, and I too have never seen this before. My issue his this: There is no notice to this effect on MY end, in my account or in my record for this transaction, and I have received no communication from PayPal asking me to confirm my identity or confirm that it was really me who authorized this payment.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, does it really get automatically resolved within 24 hours? All the Help topics and FAQs I've searched through only seem to cover holds put on the SELLER - "As a seller you have to wait 21 days after the buyer has received the item," etc. I can't seem to find any info on this type of hold I have experienced.

Thanks for any info or guidance folks can provide.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

subatomicmice
New Community Member
I’m having the exact same issue. What’s going on @paypal?????
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.