2 Purchases of software stuck here

snared
Contributor
Contributor

I recently ordered a piece of software from a very well known company. I thought the purchase had gone through but the issuing company denied the payment, PayPal told me. It kept the order until 'company X' gave it the green light. Nothing happened so I tried again. Same outcome.

I'd like to remove these purchases, but I don't know how. Can anyone walk me through, please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_April

I am sorry we wouldn't have account-specific information here. You would need to contact our Customer Support team by phone for detailed information. I could only provide general information. In general, funds are held for 5 business days. If the payment hasn't completed within that time the hold would be released. 

-April  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_April

Hello @snared,

If the issuing company denied the payment this indicates that the charge won't complete. It sounds like this was an 'authorization'. An authorization will place a hold on the transaction amount with the funding source until the charge completes. If the charge is denied this would mean that the authorization will not complete and the authorization will be released. Typically authorizations will release or expire within 5 business days. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

snared
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks April. I understand now, how this works. My problem is that I ordered the WRONG version of the software and that's why the 2 orders haven't gone through. I have since been able to purchase the correct version of the software and download it. So, I'm stuck. These 2 purchases won't go through, but they will remain with PayPal for .... how long? 

Thanks

@snared

Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

If the payment status shows as denied this would mean that the charge won't complete. Typically any held funds would be released after 5 business days. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

snared
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @PayPal_April  I don't think the payment will be marked as denied, it will just be an 'error'. But PayPal haven't withdrawn the funds from my bank yet, have they?  If so, how long do they sit 'in abeyance'?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_April

I am sorry we wouldn't have account-specific information here. You would need to contact our Customer Support team by phone for detailed information. I could only provide general information. In general, funds are held for 5 business days. If the payment hasn't completed within that time the hold would be released. 

-April  

Login to Me Too

snared
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks April. I will contact by phone and have a chat. Youve been very helpful.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

You are welcome. 🙂 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.