2 Payments taken 16 days after transaction from shops

Rec1
Contributor
Contributor

I have two payments taken from my bank this morning 16 days after I bought from online retailers . It showed completed on my PayPal account 3 days after . It has left me overdrawn at the bank with no money and now a bank charge .  Is there anything I can do about this ? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rec1 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later......if they have taken 16 days then it sounds as if the transfer failed the first time and they had to apply a second time for the funds which the bank then allowed to go through.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rec1
Contributor
Contributor

There was enough money in my bank to cover these payment until yesterday 15 th of May when I bought an item .

Login to Me Too

Rec1
Contributor
Contributor

i Have now contacted PayPal about 7 times about this and it is the most frustrating company to deal with . They keep replying by sending an email about seller disputes or to send details of the transactions . I send the details of the transactions and they then send an automated email about seller disputes , as if I am buying from Ebay .

Where can I go to complain about PayPal ? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rec1 

To be honest not sure what you can complain about, paypal took the payments as authorised by you from the bank account you selected albeit a bit late.

However what they would say is that the onus is on you to have the funds available for when they go to capture them as you could have seen from your bank account that they have't been dedutcted yet.

However you could ring to ask why it was so long? Whether the c.s. agent on the other end will have a clue is another matter though.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.