$2,800 emergency money from family to fmaily now held for 4 days, why?

allumz
Contributor
Contributor

They say since even though it was from pay pal to pay pal since it was from their checking account it can take 7 days. This is ridiculous. I mean this was emergency money. Even they have on the actual transaction notes that it will be there by the 28th yet now even they are wrong. Now they say its ACH processing of the e-check thats taking so long. 

Is there anything I can do or anyone I can speak too, Im definitely leaving PayPal after this. I mean this is why I left the other so called lesser money processors.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allumz 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant they are echeques and go via ACH in batches.

Paypal states ''instant transfer'' because normally when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront and then Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so you get your item without delay.

Echecks take up to a week to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option.

However there are times when its you that takes the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Card needs updating.
2. Has had a recent negative balance.
3. A recent failed bank transfer.
4. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
5. Friends / family payments....funded from a bank account.
6. Adding funds to your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.