$150 in PayPal Limbo

mrathke78
Contributor
Contributor

I had a vendor accidentally pay me twice.  Both payments were for $150.  When this happened, I paid back the second payment. I did another job for the same vendor this weekend.  When they didn't pay me, I called to see what the hold up could have been.  They stated that they had not received the second payment back and just assumed we were square.  On my end, I see the $150 payment that went back to them through PayPal.  On their end, and they've shown me screen shots, they do not have the payment.  It's been almost 10 days now since that payment was sent. 

I've tried calling but the automated system.  When I FINALLY get the PayPal system to direct me to an associate, the voice over says, "Sorry, we can't assist you with this matter now" and directs me to go to the help center.  When I go to the help center and go through the ridiculous steps to address the issue...the only option it gives me is to report an unauthorized payment.  That clearly doesn't apply here because I SENT THE FREAKING PAYMENT!!!!!!!   My issue is WHAT THE **bleep** DID PAYPAL DO WITH IT!!!!!!?????????  Meanwhile, I'm stuck not being paid for work that I've done because paypal cares nothing about the people that push money through their system.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mrathke78
Contributor
Contributor

I honestly do not know how difficult this is.  I can send money through Facebook and it's instantaneous.  And that isn't even their primary function.  You would think an entity that deals EXCLUSIVELY in directing funds could figure out something as simple as a refund. Either way, I'm done with PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrathke78 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrathke78
Contributor
Contributor

Well, they had issued a request for $150 but I had already sent it before getting the notification.  I'd be happy to wait for the money to transfer...what concerns me is that they have no indication in their account at all that any activity is happening.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.