Shopify Paypal Payflow Pro -- Invalid merchant information: 10548

Thrill
Contributor
Contributor

Invalid merchant information: 10548-This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.

Is what I get on my shopify site. I also cannot use Paypal Payments Pro as it will not work, either. Even though i've been approved.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

@Thrill - Just checked this on my side and can see that Pro is not enabled on the account from what I can see, however there is an action pending that needs to happen before the support guys can enable it. I know not ideal, but can you call back in and ask the support guys to chase up. I'll drop a line on my side to the guys you dealt with previously to see if I can get an answer for you as well. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

This error means that PayPal Pro is not enabled on the account you are attempting to use it with.  Have you specifically applied and been approved for PayPal Payments Pro?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Thrill
Contributor
Contributor

If that was true, why would it say in all of my accounts area Approved, Verified, I specifically called in about it to be enabled and Payments Pro. I also was able to create the Paypal Payflow Pro username, vendor, etc.

So this has to be an issue where I have received NO communication from paypal about what's going on even though I've called and emailed.

I tried setting Shopify to Paypal Payments Pro -

Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes

Also:

PayPal Monthly Billing: Direct Payments

See below for details of your billing agreement for PayPal Merchant Services.

Product: PayPal Payments ProDate InitiatedMonthly FeeBilling Period Begins
Feb 7, 2016
$30.00 USD
1 (day of month)
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I'm a bit confused. You've had it enabled for almost a year, paying $30/mo the whole time, and you're just now trying to actually use it? Or is it that you got approved, but you never agreed to the $30/mo fee so you haven't been charged yet, which means it's not actually active..??

If you haven't been getting charged yet then you just need to click in there and agree to the monthly billing, which will then enable the functionality of Pro so that error goes away.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Thrill
Contributor
Contributor

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 6.16.09 PM.png

So the issue is that I already spoke with Shopify and their end is fine. My end is also fine. What the hell is going on? It won't let me click agree it asks to cancel. I just recently must have been approved but I initiated it 2016. Then I called PayPal asking for them to approve. They said in less than a week i'd have an answer. I waited, never heard back, go into my account and here this is already setup to go.

PayFlow Pro won't work, even though I can generate things. Payments Pro states It isn't working. I have no idea what is going on.

After digging I found this as well... It is grey.

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 6.19.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-06 at 6.20.20 PM.png

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

@Thrill - Just checked this on my side and can see that Pro is not enabled on the account from what I can see, however there is an action pending that needs to happen before the support guys can enable it. I know not ideal, but can you call back in and ask the support guys to chase up. I'll drop a line on my side to the guys you dealt with previously to see if I can get an answer for you as well. 

Login to Me Too

Thrill
Contributor
Contributor

For all those having an issue. MAKE SURE YOU CALL! Mine was due to a card being expired.

Login to Me Too

BP1019
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know how to test transactions using PayPal Payflow Pro as primary 3 party checkout on shopify? Seems its sets up right but want to test it and cant find any clear step by step. i made a PayPal Developer account already... Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.