#negativebalance, #transactionfee, #paidbalance

Gulsahkbly
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I have encountered a fee of 3.49 euros because my account did not have enough money. After I uploaded the money, I made the transaction to my paypal balance and it was okay for a couple of days. Then I received another fee for the transaction I paid for second time after 3-4 days. I think there has been a mistake. How can I solve this? I can't call customer services because it is in German.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gulsahkbly 

When you have a failed bank transfer that results in a negative balance then paypal will try again a few days later.

If in the meantime you have already transfered the funds then those funds would take a while before they completed through to your balance.

So paypal would have automatically tried again before your funds completed to your balance meaning x2 payments going through to clear that negative balance.

The first one to arrive will clear the balance and when the second one arrives it will be 'credited' to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account again. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gulsahkbly 

When you have a failed bank transfer that results in a negative balance then paypal will try again a few days later.

If in the meantime you have already transfered the funds then those funds would take a while before they completed through to your balance.

So paypal would have automatically tried again before your funds completed to your balance meaning x2 payments going through to clear that negative balance.

The first one to arrive will clear the balance and when the second one arrives it will be 'credited' to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account again. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.