#echeck #echeckhelp Please Help!

HavenCandles
New Community Member

Hey everyone! So just a couple weeks ago I made a payment with my bank acount(which I have been using the same bank account for 8yrs) all of a sudden it sent the payment as an echeck. Which took 10 business days to clear 🙄 I run a business and purchase my products with this account. I thought maybe because it was a new site that was why? 🤷‍ ♀️ But then today I went to purchase products on my usual site(like 20x before) and again it was only giving me the echeck option. **bleep** is going on!!! I can't as a business wait 2 weeks for items to ship out! I also already chose to block echecks throught my payment settings but it didn't work. Please can someone help with this dumb and inconvenient issue!? Thanks 😊

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JHart98
Contributor
Contributor
Try clearing the apps cache in your system settings or clear all cookies an cache on web browser. This can sometimes help with that kind of problem.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HavenCandles 

There are times when its you and the seller / recipient that take the wait for a bank transfer ie echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Back up card has expired or needs updating.
2. You have had a recent negative balance or failed bank transfer (so paypal are not going to credit the seller in advance in case it happens again).
3. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
4. Friends / family payments *funded from a bank account* as this option is free then its you that takes the wait this time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.