Wrong country on Paypal

niskat
Contributor
Contributor

im new on paypal i signed in yesterday and while signing in coutry i selected morocco (my home country) but when i add my bank account it said thiis account is not available in france (that means my country in paypal is france) , when i looked for solution i found that i have to close this one and create another account with the correct information , when i try to close it i cant because it needs the again the bank account , what to do help me please

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@niskat wrote:

im new on paypal i signed in yesterday and while signing in coutry i selected morocco (my home country) but when i add my bank account it said thiis account is not available in france (that means my country in paypal is france) , when i looked for solution i found that i have to close this one and create another account with the correct information , when i try to close it i cant because it needs the again the bank account , what to do help me please

Hi @niskat,

You are correct, the incorrect account must be closed, there is no ability to switch. You are not required to add a bank account to close the account. You will experience a problem with closure if the account is limited, has uncompleted transactions or has a current balance.

Please click here to proceed to the account closure section, on the PayPal classic site. If a closure is not possible, it should provide the reason for such and how to resolve the problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niskat

You would need to 'verify' that paypal account before you could close it, as you can't then you would not be able to close it and all paypal could do was limit it and not close it.

So you need to use another email address and open an account in the correct country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@niskat

You would need to 'verify' that paypal account before you could close it, as you can't then you would not be able to close it and all paypal could do was limit it and not close it.

So you need to use another email address and open an account in the correct country.

Hi @kernowlass,

You are able to close a personal account that isn't verified, provided it hasn't been limited and doesn't have any unresolved problems or uncompleted transactions at present.

The modern interface of PayPal may display the standard "Unable to Close Account" error, normally when there is a balance above 0, however the classic link provided can either provide a more specific reason for them to resolve or proceed with closure, with any current balance donated to charity.

I have tested this approach now, to ensure its accuracy. Once the customer has closed their current account, the email address will be freed to open a new one in their appropriate country.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niskat

when i try to close it i cant because it needs the again the bank account , what to do help me please

...............................................

Yep thats because you tried to verify it first, you can't verify it so unfortunately you won't be able to close it as you have already found out.

Suggest you contact customer services in your own country and see if they can help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.