Why hasnt the seller recieved the money I sent

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
Ok, so without going through this whole ordeal again, let me summarize. My account is news I sent a large amount of money for an item being custom made for me to a merchant whos done tons of business with paypal. I told the tep when I finally got the "dispute " for unauthorized use handled that I requested to prepay the full amount of my item. So anyway, there are no more reviews or disputes on my account, the funds ar.enot on my credit card anymore, my paypal summary shows "payment sent' yet the merchant still doesn't have access t ok t eh funds, even though the rep I talked to said he would have it when I talked to her yesterday. So, why is this money not available to the merchant? At this point, PayPal can just put the money back on my cars and I'll call the merchant direct and give my CC# over the phone. They can take m ok may from my card and give it to a merchant in minutes any other time. This is unacceptable. Please help!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @Temp20220923E,

I'm sorry that this has been such an ongoing issue for you. Based on what you've explained, if the payment is listed as "Payment Sent" or "Completed" within the activity and there are no current disputes on the transaction, the seller should have received the money by now. I would recommend they reach out to us through either Facebook or Twitter, or they can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact."

Thanks,
Gwen

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @Temp20220923E,

I'm sorry that this has been such an ongoing issue for you. Based on what you've explained, if the payment is listed as "Payment Sent" or "Completed" within the activity and there are no current disputes on the transaction, the seller should have received the money by now. I would recommend they reach out to us through either Facebook or Twitter, or they can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact."

Thanks,
Gwen

Login to Me Too

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
Yes Gwen, it is showing as "payment sent". I talked to a paypal rep Saturday and the answer I got was that because the transaction was under review that it will take 3 to 5 business days for the money to be available to the seller. Of course, seems everytime I call I get a different answer, lol. Anyway, I was going to give it the days that I was told it would take and then see what happens. This has been a very frustrating ordeal. It just seems PayPal would change the way some things are done or trian the CSRs better to handle all issues that may arise. Thank you for your help.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Gwen

@Temp20220923E,

I'm sorry for the negative experience but I hope that all ends well. Thank you! 

-Gwen

Login to Me Too

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Gwen The seller contacted me this evening and informed me that paypal finally released the funds to him. That's was stressful, but I'm just glad it's taken care of now. Thanks for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.