Why cannot pay store from Paypal balance?

ITC2005
Contributor
Contributor

When I make payment to online store $10 purchase, why I cannot pay from my Paypal balance? I still have $70 in my Paypal balance. Why I can only make $10 paypal payment from my bank account?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

ITC2005
Contributor
Contributor

We have been asking this exact same question for years now. PayPal automatic robot response systems refuse to answer this directly.

Why Why Why can I make $19 payment from my $70 Paypal balance? Why must from my bank saving account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ITC2005 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

However some sites require paypal payments that are sourced from cards or bank accounts only.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ITC2005
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer. You are the first answer from anyone.

Well, I am unable to following your instructions.

Under my icon, I found Profile Setting. I cannot find any payment options.

Actually, under my icon, I have Message Center, Profile Setting, Account Setting, Logout.

In Account Setting, there is Payment Preference - under it has Block Payment, Sales Tax. No other option.

Also in Account Setting } Money, Bank, Card } Your Prefer Way to Pay } Online purchase + In-store purchase } only one way - from our bank.

Also in Account Setting } Money, Bank, Card } Currency Management } my $70 balance - but unable to use it.

On top thick blue band top of page has only one line - our company name. Below that, the second line is Home, Activity, Pay & Get Paid, Marketing for Growth, Financing Center, App Center. Nowhere there is option to pay from balance.

Login to Me Too

ITC2005
Contributor
Contributor

Just trying to purchase $14 online. We have $75 PayPal balance.

But in PayPal check out, We ONLY have on payment option. Only showing OUR bank saving account balance.

WHY? Why not from PayPal balance?

We have been asking this same exact questions for 5 years now. We go NO answer from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @ITC2005,

I appreciate your efforts and would like to call out that the "Money, banks, and card" section is the spot to update your preferred funding source, so it sounds like you may have already tried this. If PayPal balance isn't showing up, I recommend contacting customer support so that they can review your account further and determine why your balance isn't usable. Our support options can be found by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

ITC2005
Contributor
Contributor

I tried asking PayPal for the last 5 years. NO answer from PayPal what so ever.

I have $75 in my PayPal balance. When I make $15 online purchase using PayPal, the PayPal option ONLY shows my bank saving account.

I have NEVER able to talk any LIVE person in PayPal.

All the automatic answer from PayPal NEVER able to answer my question.

I use this "CONTACT" in PayPal web site. Can NOT get anyone to answer.

Login to Me Too

ITC2005
Contributor
Contributor

Good Grief, 5 years going on 6th years. We have been asking and asking, why we are NOT allow to pay store purchases from Paypal balance. What kind of business are these people running Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.