Why can't I pay with my debit card?

Kelpie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new user who's only recently joined paypal. My bank account is verified and my debit card is set up on the site and was working fine until just today. When making a purchase on a website today, the only payment options were e-cheque or instant bank transfer. My debit card was working fine yesterday and always turned up as the first payment option, but now it is no longer available as a payment option for some reason?. Why can't I pay using my debit card? It worked for my first five purchases with the site (two last night and three this morning), but on my sixth purchase it stopped showing my debit card as a payment option for some reason, even though it was working perfectly fine yesterday and this morning.

Is there any way to fix this problem so I can use my debit card as my payment option? I really don't want to have to pay by e-cheque if at all possible since it takes so long. the only reason I signed up my bank account was so I could use my card, since it's so easy to pay using it.

Thankyou in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
129 REPLIES 129

grandad1kie

look i just want to pay for a itiem i phurchesd on ebay why the **bleep** wont you let me for gods sake do something please 

Login to Me Too

wrobson
New Community Member

tried to buy a key board from e/bay and paypal would not accept my card this is the third time this has happened i don't know what i am doing wrong

Login to Me Too

Chamuth
New Community Member

I also Done it, I'm living in Sri Lanka. So Sri Lankan Bank accounts are not accepted therefore no Debit is accepted. I think I need to create a credit card which is a internationaly accepted one

Login to Me Too

woolley123
Contributor
Contributor

Dear sir or madam

I have had a PayPal a/c for five years.

I have used all my credit and debit cards.

It will not accept any of them!

Yours sincerely John Allcorn

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

InventorUK, through PayPal you can’t add funds to your PayPal account or issue a refund using your card.

You will have to add the funds from your bank account directly. Once the funds reach your PayPal balance you can then issue a refund.

Woolley, are you getting an error message in relation to your cards? If so what is it saying.

Please check and make sure that you have confirmed your card by requesting the code to be sent to your card statement and then entering that code into your PayPal account.

If you wish to confirm your card we’re introducing a new and improved Profile to some customers. Until all customers are using the new Profile, there are 2 sets of instructions on how to do this. Please follow the instructions that match what you see on the site.

Here’s how to link and confirm your credit card:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Credit/Debit Cards’ under ‘Financial Information.’ (Don’t see this step? Follow the instructions below.)
  4. Click ‘Link and Confirm My Card.’
  5. Click ‘Save and Continue.’

Or

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My money.'
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'Debit and credit cards.'
  5. Click ‘Link and Confirm My Card.’
  6. Click ‘Save and Continue.’
Login to Me Too

mand
New Community Member

i also found out today that paypal said i cannot use this card for this transaction ,even thou it was working fine  befor this morning ,how embarassing,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there mand, I know it can be a little embarrassing to have a payment declined. But these things can happen and are generally easily fixed. Some of the reasons for the decline maybe:

• The card issuer might be having technical problems that prevent us from requesting the authorisation.

• The card issuer, as part of its own fraud prevention measures, might block the transaction because it doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns.

• Your card may not support online payments.

• You might have exceeded the limit on your card.

Please also contact your card issuer. Ask them why they declined your card and whether you can use this card. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

sandygraham08
New Community Member

my ebay account is not working could youtell me why

Login to Me Too

im-puzzled
New Community Member

paypal wont accept my card.. although its  ' visa debit ' i notice there is no option for this particular card, its still visa!    paypal needs to update its systems options as im so frustrated and now remember why i dont usually bother  with              online activities!!                      

Login to Me Too

johnarber
New Community Member

how does this thing work. I cant find a way to pay  £3,550.00 for a caravan on e-bay

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.