Why can't I pay with my debit card?

Kelpie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new user who's only recently joined paypal. My bank account is verified and my debit card is set up on the site and was working fine until just today. When making a purchase on a website today, the only payment options were e-cheque or instant bank transfer. My debit card was working fine yesterday and always turned up as the first payment option, but now it is no longer available as a payment option for some reason?. Why can't I pay using my debit card? It worked for my first five purchases with the site (two last night and three this morning), but on my sixth purchase it stopped showing my debit card as a payment option for some reason, even though it was working perfectly fine yesterday and this morning.

Is there any way to fix this problem so I can use my debit card as my payment option? I really don't want to have to pay by e-cheque if at all possible since it takes so long. the only reason I signed up my bank account was so I could use my card, since it's so easy to pay using it.

Thankyou in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
129 REPLIES 129

barrysoley
New Community Member

I gat an error code #10417. if I try to pay on my debit card but can pay with e-cheque which is not my prefered method

Login to Me Too

Shaveen01
New Community Member

genysboxer12

Yes I done the same it worked for 2 weeks then reverted back to the same ,but I can still pay for other things with paypal just not ebay I have been on the telephone 4 times to paypal each one gave a different reason, one said pay with one of your other cards so I moved my money to that account, and I still could not use it, the last one gave me the 2 weeks, said register my card again with paypal. They need to get there finger out,

Does anyone know of another company that I could use to pay for my items PLEASE

Login to Me Too

flooboo66
Contributor
Contributor

janicedigbyware
Contributor
Contributor

I don't under stand why  I have not be able to pay for my item as mi all ways using my account and when I Havant had the money in pay pal you have taken it streight out of my account please can you get back to me 

Login to Me Too

janicedigbyware
Contributor
Contributor

@janicedigbyware wrote:

I don't under stand why  I have not be able to pay for my item as mi all ways using my account and when I Havant had the money in pay pal you have taken it streight out of my account please can you get back to me 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hi, this could be a number of reasons. Your card may be getting declined for use by your bank/card issuer. There may be too many funds processing from your bank at the one time and our Internal Security Model may now wish to accept instant payment only with card. Please note the error message that you receive and also go to the “Profile” section of your PayPal account, to make sure all your financials are up to date. Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

gritl1919
Contributor
Contributor

@janicedigbyware wrote:

@janicedigbyware wrote:

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.