Webhook events on subscription next billing cycle

Nereval
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 😉

I'd like to ask which webhooks events trigger on next subscription billing cycle? The "BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.RENEWED" webhook is not described in API docs, is this one being send? Or when the next subscription payment is triggered, new subscription is created and the flow is the same as when creating new subscruption?

Thanks for your help in advance 😉

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MilesThatch
Contributor
Contributor

I hate to be that guy who does not contribute but I'm also inquiring about this. I'm looking to detect and update my platform with the latest expiration date of the subscription. Going to give Paypal a call and clarify and then post the answer here if I get something.

Login to Me Too

Imengine
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

do you have any update about this topic?

I'm looking for the same information, but I'm not able to find an answer...

Thanks,

luca

Login to Me Too

MilesThatch
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, I got it up and running but In my case I use the PHP Rest API and there was a Rest API Webhook example provided on the example:

https://paypal.github.io/PayPal-PHP-SDK/sample/

You're looking for the: 

Validate Webhook Event

example code, you're supposed to send webhook events from paypal to a page with this code to validate it. Once it's validated, you're good to sift through the contents and pick the json data you need.

Login to Me Too

josephadah
Contributor
Contributor

I still can't find solution to this please.

Which webhook event is called on successful renewal of next subscription?

The documentation should be clear on this please.

Login to Me Too

karthik1195
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Any update on this topic? I am not able to find the solution anywhere in the documentation. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.