Uber payments through PayPal now go through Bank Account

shellil
New Community Member

Hi Everyone

I recently started using Uber and I have opted to pay for my rides with PayPal. All of my past rides up until 19/04/2018 were charged to my credit card - which is how I prefer my PayPal payments to be charged (as it shows immediately in my bank statements). I received a payment through PayPal a few weeks ago and paid for my Uber rides with it, but once the balance was used all my rides started getting paid through my bank account and not my credit card.

I set my Credit Card as my preferred payment method but that hasn't changed how my rides are being paid, and PayPal's customer service were insistent that due to their "pre-set" payment hierarchy payments are always made 1. Balance 2. Bank Account 3. Credit/Debit Card. However, as I previously explained, all of my past rides were paid through my credit card and not the bank account prior to my account having a balance added to it through a PayPal payment.

They insist that they have "clarified" it for me, when I was looking for a solution to this problem. I figured I might as well removed my bank account if that's the case, but because Uber payments take days to process through bank account - I can't as it's telling me I can't remove it due to a "pending payment".

Has anyone been able to prioritise credit card payments through PayPal or know how to make it so I can use my credit card for payments just like I used to despite PayPal insisting I couldn't?

Thanks in advance 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

davidradrian
New Community Member
I have had this problem as well, which led me to nearly $200 in overdraft fees in a bank account that I no longer use for payments, only withdrawals. There was plenty of money in my bank account linked to the debit card I have set as my primary payment method. Very frustrating as 2 Uber rides totaling $75 dollars ended up costing me closer to $250.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.