Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

Richard___G
Contributor
Contributor

I've properly enables ecommerce on my site and set up my PP acct. properly as far as I can tell, linked to my bank. Whether I go though PayPal or try to use a credit card on final payment, PayPal returns an error saying: "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." Has anyone encountered this or know the solution?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richard___G 

Have you added and confirmed a bank account?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-faq686...

Have you added and confirmed any card you want to use?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-debit-or-credit-card-faq1565?app=sea...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Richard___G
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowless!

Yes, the bank is confirmed. It turns out PP won't accept purchases from the person who created the account. Weird.  My wife was able to purchase.

So I'm all set with this.  Now I just have to figure out how to accept payments and take them off hold without doing the whole shipping thing.  And find out how/when the payments go to my bank. 

Is there any chance you can provide tips or links on how those work?

Thanks very much for responding!

Richard

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Richard___G and @kernowlass

Thank you for the posts! 

It sounds like you're referring to a Funds Availability Hold. For helpful tips, I recommend referring to our Help Center for more information on why holds are placed and how they may be released early. Secondly, regarding your question about transferring payments to your bank, accounts registered in the United States do not automatically transfer the balance. However, some accounts can qualify to have it set up.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.