Status is "Money Sent", but my friend says she didn't get it

StaceyLopez
Contributor
Contributor

I sent $30 USD to someone from the United States (I'm from Canada), and everything seems to be working: my bank account had money taken out of, the payment has shown up on PayPal, both our email addresses are confirmed, and I made sure to type hers in properly when I sent the money. But, for some reason, the money hasn't shown up on her account! What's going on? I've read that sending money shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. It's been almost 2 hours!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StaceyLopez 

Is she a 'real' friend or could it be your are buying goods?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StaceyLopez
Contributor
Contributor
Both, actually!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StaceyLopez 

ok only its a scammers trick to say send it using the friends/family option knowing that they can pretend they did not receive it and you won't be able to open a paypal dispute as you have no buyer protection as you did not send it using the goods/services option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kaur-2
Contributor
Contributor
Same with me...so there is no way out?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaur-2 

You can report them to paypal and if they get enough complaints that they are 'selling' and requesting friends/family payments against paypal rules then paypal do take action against their accounts.

They may also reach out to the other party and request a refund for you but they can't force them to do so.

Other than that if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then they may help you with a chargeback BUT they have been known to decline as it was not sent as a payment for goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.