Someone sent as a payment through Friends and Family

Kylan1
Contributor
Contributor

Should I be worried it said the payment will be sent between 2-5 business days he said it was linked to his bank account and said if anything comes up to get in touch with him but I thought it would come quick and what is the reason they use friends and family and would it go straight to my card

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kylan1

1. Its against Paypal rules to use the family / friends option for selling and whilst a buyer can't open a paypal dispute they could file a chargeback via their credit card company if they funded their paypal payment that way and you would lose as you would have no seller protection.

If your buyer chose to pay that way then I would be very wary about a scam.

2. Paypal payments are normally instant however if its an echeck you would have to wait a few days for it to clear BUT it should show in your paypal transaction list but have uncleared by it with a clearance date.

3. Do not send ANYTHING until the funds show in your paypal account balance.

4. Once funds are in your paypal balance you can click on withdraw funds and send them to any linked bank account or debit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kylan1
Contributor
Contributor
It’s an echeck... and he sent it through friends and family but it’s and echeck so can they cancel that?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kylan1

Yes wait for it to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.