Sending money to friends

Swallow1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I can’t find the send to friends and family option when I go to send money. The help page tells me I should find it on the send page or if my payment is marked as paying an invoice I can change that to send to friend, but none of these options appear when I select to send money.

any other advice thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swallow1 

Send/request > send > put in their email address > on the next page you should see the f/f option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Swallow1
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly the option is just not there.

i can choose to pay with or without buyer protection - selecting the without buyer protection option of sending to a trusted person should (as advised by customer support) make the transaction F&F, however I am still getting a charge added to the transaction.  This transaction is sending to a different currency but the exchange rate charge is apparently included in the initial cost exchange rate, so I am not expecting there to be a transaction fee added too.  thanks for any more advice

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swallow1 

Are you using the app? Only it would show differently on there.

If so then yes the one without buyer protection would be the f/f one.

And f/f payments are charged a fee if you 'fund' them from a credit card, they are only free if you 'fund' them via a bank account or funds already in your paypal balance. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.