Scam or not

Aregan
New Community Member
Hi all, I’ve sold my phone on eBay to someone who’s buying from America, she first asked me to request the payment to her PayPal and then she said she has sent the money and sent a long paragraph how I need to double check my spam emails for a received payment. I’ve used PayPal plenty of times and never received an email in my junk box before and neither have I had one looking like this. The money hasn’t shown up yet either. Am just a bit concerned as it just seems all off to me. In the email apparently sent by PayPal it just looks like a mess plus there’s things on there that doesn’t make sense, for example it says the transaction will not show until prof of postage, well how do PayPal know it’s an item getting posted. It just seems funny.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

canwehaveitnow
Contributor
Contributor

Has a whiff of not right to me - the sale being through eBay, are you part of the Global Shipping Programme ?

Either way, if it was through eBay then you would send her an invoice if not automatically and then she would pay that - hope its not but usually you get a feel for something being off, especially with phones !! 

Hope this helps a little - perhaps put a call into Paypal and see what they can tell their end - wouldnt send anything though 

Becky

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Aregan,

You're definitely right to be cautious! Based on what you've described, this is a fake email and a fraudulent buyer. Hopefully you haven't sent the item and can look for a new buyer.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.