Reoccurring, Subscription-Based & Unauthorized Payments

jcQuestions
New Community Member

Got an iPhone (with latest updates and security) and downloaded a fun game. Decided it was worth the $11.99 once. I did NOT expect them to take money out again and again and again (monthly). PayPal ought to have a way to block a merchant right? I'm using PayPal for the added security of NOT having to deal with this kind of drama. If some clown wants to double or triple charge me or steal my identity, PayPal is uniquely qualified to handle online fraud, right? If I'm wrong about PayPal being "equipped" to easily mitigate fraud with online purchases, who is? What's a good app to use that's secure and reliable? I'm just not seeing an easily blockable option here. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @jcQuestions 

Welcome to PayPal Community. To prevent those monthly charges from your account (from the merchant or the website where you've downloaded the game), you will need to cancel the recurring/automatic payment that was set up between your PayPal account and the merchant. You can check this page How do I cancel a billing agreement, automatic recurring payment or subscription on PayPal?  for the steps on how to cancel and for more information. Keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.