Refund

albertbeachill
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal are quick in taking your money but when it comes to s refund it takes days or weeks to get your refund..why.???this is the last time I'll pay anything with PayPal..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@albertbeachill 

WRONG >>>

When you PAY someone from your bank account it is never instant > Paypal CREDIT them the funds and Paypal take the 5-7 days wait for the funds to transfer to Paypal to pay them back.
Even though the funds may leave your bank account a few hours OR a few days post payment it does not mean Paypal have them yet as it goes through automated clearing which is the SLOWEST transfer method (to reduce costs to Paypal).

This is so there is no delay in the despatch of any items.

BUT when you refund a buyer or get a refund then paypal don't CREDIT the refund in advance. The buyer takes the wait this time for the funds to transfer from the sellers bank account to Paypal > then they are credited the refund.

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.
1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.