Refund sent to closed bank account/card, funds haven't been sent back to PayPal balance

UTLF
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone I recently had a refund sent to a closed bank card; it has been over a month and the funds haven't been reversed back to my paypal account. The old bank card isn't linked to my account anymore, and I have contacted both PayPal and the bank for support, but neither of them say that they can trace the refund. This is ridiculous; every other refund gets sent to my PayPal balance, so I'm not sure why this happened. I also contacted the person who issued the refund, and there is no money on their end. What do I do now? PayPal and the bank's support is garbage and no help.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

gokux12
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I have a similar issue did you ever solve it?

Login to Me Too

UTLF
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah man, they will send you a cheque through the mail after a few weeks, nothing to worry about - just need patience 🙂
Login to Me Too

gokux12
Contributor
Contributor

Ah thank you very much for replying glad to hear you got it all sorted so the whole thing took a couple months?

Login to Me Too

UTLF
Contributor
Contributor
It took a little over 30 days to get it in the mail
Login to Me Too

MSNonkie7
Contributor
Contributor
Neither with my account either!
Vickie Thomas
Login to Me Too

gokux12
Contributor
Contributor

@MSNonkie7 you have the same issue

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.