Refund completed, but haven't received it

Uralowl
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled a order on a website about 5 or so hours ago now. The refund was apparently completed straight away according to my PayPal activity, and I got an email stating the money would be refunded to my PayPal balance. However, it hasn't, and I have checked the bank I used to make the purchase through PayPal, and the funds have not appeared there yet either.

If the refund was "pending" I wouldn't be too concerned, but I am a little worried that it's apparently complete and the funds are no where to be seen. I haven't experienced this issue before.

Is anyone else having any similar issues right now? I tried to email PayPal but they seem very reluctant to let me do so (just kept redirecting me here), so I guess I'll have to wait and try again tomorrow.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SeattleShopper
Contributor
Contributor

Seems about right for PayPal.  Credit cards are much better. I recommend deleting your account and signing up for a different service for banking. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Uralowl 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.