Re: Important information about your PayPal account

temp20210610
New Community Member

I'm new to Paypal. I'm unable to understand its tedious and complicated process.

Firstly I thought that it is like a payment intermediary like Paytm; Google pay; Phonepe, AmazonPay etc. (like we have so many in India). Millions of Indian are availing free payment (send / receive) services from all these payment intermediaries (small transactions are not business). So the account opening process was a tedious process. I had to unnecessarily create a business account and give my credit card details and bank account details. In fact, I'm not into any business. I participate in international market surveys / studies and so for receiving honorarium for the same, they asked for a paypal account. It is a non commercial activity and not a business activity.

Sharing bank account details for receiving the payment is not an issue. Because I use the UPI (Unified Payments Interface) where payment intermediary companies use the mobile no. linked to the bank account to create UPI ID to send and receive the payment from / to the bank account. But why take the credit card details?

I am not into any business activity and had to perforce open the business account to receive this international payment which is just an honorarium.

There is no buyer - seller or business activity involved. I'm not buying or selling any product or service.

So I'm unable to understand why Paypal asks me to open a business account for receiving these overseas payments.

Secondly I'm not able to understand the fees of 2.95 $ in a payment of 50 $. Who is charging this fee / brokerage? Is paypal taking this fees? Is paypal a broker?

There is tab of refund this payment and so I thought that I can seek refund of the fee of 2.95 $.

And the payment is not getting credited to Paypal account.

I thought that paypal is providing free service and acting as a facilitator but I find that paypal is a business and creating roadblocks, speed breakers at every step.

Paypal may be good for businesses but it doesn't makes any sense to me as I'm not into any business.

Paypal should provide me free service in this case and should have a category of non business people who have to receive honorarium - international payments - very small token amounts. It is not a commercial or business activity. Honorarium is paid for voluntary work or academic work of non commercial nature.

Please realise that it is not a business activity.

Paypal is unnecessarily asking questions and saying that it will take 21 days. Why? What for?

So I will ask the M Marketing Solutions to not give me cash and withdraw this amount as Paypal is unnecessarily creating problems in receiving my honorarium money. Unnecessary long process and unnecessary waste of time.

I will opt for other options like Amazon voucher; etc. to receive the honorarium and want to close this Paypal account. As I am not doing any business.

I thought that it will give free service like what Paytm, Phonepe, GooglePay, AmazonPay etc. give in India both as e-wallets and Unified Payment Interface - UPI (by linking of bank account) and it is seamless, hassle free, free service for sending and receiving payments between individuals as well as from business to individual or individual to business. Higher level business people can go for higher level business accounts which are paid accounts as they do business or commercial activity.

Doesn't Paypal provide any free service to individuals to send and receive payments once in a while or sometimes internationally for non commercial, non business activity.

Please understand that not every payment (small payments) transaction is a business activity. It can be for non commercial, non business activity as well.

It is really very surprising and shocking for me as I thought that what the above referred companies are doing in India for domestic within country payment transactions (small payments), the same Paypal is doing internationally or for inter country small payment transactions for individuals.

I'm not satisfied with the business model of payal as I'm not a business person.

So if paypal is not of any service to me as explained above then I'm sorry I'll withdraw and I would like to close my paypal account.

As I realise that paypal is not of any use for individuals like me who want to receive very small international payments (honorarium) for a non commercial, non business activity.

I had heard the name of Paypal for long and wonder does paypal does any free activity which is non commercial and non business.

Looking forward to your consideration and response.

Humble submission.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.