Problem accepting payments from Etsy customers

Otadj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 🙂 I opened an Etsy shop and I linked it to PayPal to receive payments from buyers on my shop.
But customers are telling me that they can't complete their payments. How do I fix this? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Otadj
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out that my country (Algeria) has auto transfers. And back when I linked my visa card to PayPal, I didn't check the box for it to receive auto transfers.  So I had to edit it and allow it to receive them.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Otadj
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out that my country (Algeria) has auto transfers. And back when I linked my visa card to PayPal, I didn't check the box for it to receive auto transfers.  So I had to edit it and allow it to receive them.

Login to Me Too

Seham2
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem. How can I fix it. And do I need to have a business account?
Login to Me Too

Otadj
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think you need a business account. But your linked card must be set up to receive automatic transfers before you can start accepting payments. https://www.paypal.com/sg/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full
To check if your visa card is set to receive money go to edit or add your card and make sure that the automatic transfers option is enabled.
If you still face the same problem after that, upgrade your account to a business account and try again.

Login to Me Too

Seham2
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.