Pending payment

Linbee
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item on-line from Argos UK. I was offered the Paypal payment option which I chose. I completed the Paypal details and hit PAY NOW. Then a message appeared on screen from Argos. It said something to the effect that there was a problem with the transaction and that the order was not being processed. It said that any money taken from my account would be refunded in due course. I logged onto my Paypal account and I note I have a pending payment transaction for the Argos order (that was not processed by Argos!) I went into the Argos store and asked them to cancel the order with Paypal. They said there was no order processed and that I had to get Paypal to remove the pending transaction. Paypal are telling me they can't remove the pending transaction, this has to be done by Argos. Where do I go from here?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Linbee 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Linbee
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks. guess I’ll just have to wait til it times out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.