Payment pending authorisation

aletheialux112
New Community Member
A recent payment I've made is pending authorisation. It's been pending since last night. There are funds in the account, so I don't understand why the payment is pending. There is no explanation for given and I can't see an option to cancel the payment. Is there a way I can cancel the payment so I can pay another way?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aletheialux112 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Harley125
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@aletheialux112

I understand that you have a query regarding pending authorization payment. Please be informed that for authorization payment due to privacy and security reason, payment cancellation can only be initiated on the merchants end. I would highly suggest that you get in touch with them and ask for someone who have access to their PayPal and ask to cancel this transaction.

You have my assurance that this payment can be canceled by simply clicking a button on their PayPal. Please note; PayPal can void any pending orders and authorizations from your account after 30 calendar days. If you wish to cancel a pending order before the 30-day timeframe has passed, you must contact the merchant to do so. You need not to worry, in case if the merchant capture the money and if you didn't receive the order then you can feel free to file a dispute. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aletheialux112 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.