Payment from Stubhub

jetkins
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold a pair of tickets through Stubhub for the first time.  Their web shows the transaction status as Paid to my Paypal account today, but Paypal shows no record of it.  Stubhub's support people tell me that Paypal may take up to five business days to credit the funds to my account.

My spidey-sense tells me that someone is telling porkies.  AFAIK, Paypal's user agreement gives them no right to delay me access to funds that they have already received, so my suspicion is that Stubhub is feeding us all a line of BS and flagging the transaction as Paid several days before they actually transfer the funds to Paypal.

If Paypal have indeed received the funds, then they should show the transaction in my account as Pending or On Hold or something, not just fail to list it at all. Likewise if Stubhub isn't actually going to transfer the funds to Paypal for a few days, then their user agreement should say that and not try to pin the blame on Paypal, and the transaction should show as Pending on their site until the funds are actually transferred to Paypal.

Can anyone cast any light on the actual process?  I'm not worried that the funds will eventually appear in my account, but I find the lack of transparency annoying.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jetkins 

Give it a several hours to a day at least for it to appear in your PayPal. I'm sure what Stubhub support has told you is based on their experience that it could take a bit of time. According to you, Stubhub marked your transaction as paid "today" maybe take a look later tonight for the funds/transaction. No one really knows the technical back end operations, for all we know, these transactions are processed in batches.

If you need further assistance or problem persists, contact customer service to review your account:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Eholmesie
New Community Member

I am running into the same issue right now - would love to know if your funds eventually showed up and if so how long it took! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.