Payment Decline.

Walyne
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. Am a first PayPal user. Yesterday I received a payment notification which was followed by a cancellation email too. The sender claims my account isn't legible to receive any payments. Why is this so yet I have already added my debit card to my account? Please help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Walyne 

Did you check if your email address is confirmed:

https://www.paypal.com/ke/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-receive-payments-using-paypal-faq1664

Ignore the "link bank account" suggestion in the above url because Kenya accounts can only link with US bank accounts but can withdraw/move money via Mpesa

The issue can also be on the buyer's end, a problem with his card because you should be able to receive payment if you've linked a card to verify your account, and confirmed your email address. Should be good to go. May be sender is trying to send a personal payment and your account can't accept personal payments, just goods and services payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Walyne 

Did you check if your email address is confirmed:

https://www.paypal.com/ke/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-receive-payments-using-paypal-faq1664

Ignore the "link bank account" suggestion in the above url because Kenya accounts can only link with US bank accounts but can withdraw/move money via Mpesa

The issue can also be on the buyer's end, a problem with his card because you should be able to receive payment if you've linked a card to verify your account, and confirmed your email address. Should be good to go. May be sender is trying to send a personal payment and your account can't accept personal payments, just goods and services payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.