Pay with zero balance

chuch66
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I payed online with a zero balance, so my Paypal account was minus, until I paid it back to Paypal

However now I am trying to purchase something with a zero balance again but it will not go through. 

Anyone know why? It says we can pay with zero balance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chuch66 

You can only pay with a zero balance if you are 'funding' the payment from a linked and confirmed bank account or card.

Paypal don't just 'loan' you the money upfront.

Normally they credit the seller upfront ONLY whilst your funds are transferring from your bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chuch66
Contributor
Contributor

Yes well of course I have a linked bank account. But the last time I did it . It asked me do you want to pay with a zero balance . and when I made the payment there was no money in my bank account but Paypal let me do it. That is why my balance was minus 100. And later I deposited the money in Paypal . I mean how else does a balance become minus with Paypal. In other words it was like a loan. If I had money in my bank account I would pay through my bank why bother going through Paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.