My payment is being held but I don’t have a tracking number

SThistle
New Community Member
I have looked for the solutions to similar problems but there doesn’t seem to be one for mine
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DanielSedda
Contributor
Contributor

A temporary hold has been placed on the funds in your account for a purchase. ... The merchant did not collect the funds within 4 days. At this time, any money that was placed on hold is credited back to your PayPal account balance. The merchant can still collect those funds at any time

Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @SThistle

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

We know it can be frustrating not being able to make use of your money right instantly.

When your payment is held temporarily to ensure the funds are available for recovery in the event of a claim/ chargeback.

This is to encourage sellers to ship quickly providing great customer experiences and ensuring buyer expectations are met.

If there aren’t any issues with your transaction or account, the payment will typically be released within 21 days after receipt. After your hold is released, it may take until midnight (but it's usually sooner) for the money to appear in your account.

To get your payments released sooner, use trackable delivery with any of our approved delivery companies and enter the tracking details on your Activities page.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.