I can't pay using paypal on ebay

Aitch890
For the last few years I have been using eBay with no problem paying, now when I go to quick pay using paypal it says log into paypal we can't process your payment! Nothing is showing up when I'm online yo say why it won't work! Help! I need to pay for shoes!
Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

KingBole
New Community Member
Well, I have a problem too. I login to PayPal to complete my purchase and it says you were logged out of PayPal. Thanks a lot...
Login to Me Too

rodneymccall
New Community Member

when i try to pay ebay with pay pal it takes my info ,but after when i slect payment choice paypal ,it says my pass word is wrong ,how can i be on paypal if its wrong ,the last thing i paid for ,it sais something about new paypal system ,i thought once i loged in ,it would take me there but it did not ,,im confused ,,thanks ,,

Login to Me Too

DerekMcParland
New Community Member

@PayPal_paula wrote:

Hi teeeldubya, 

When you say you can not pay, are you getting an error message. 

If so please let us know what it is so we can give you a bit more advice. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

mgawat

I've grt the same problem for 2 months now...I can access paypal jyust fine but can't access it through Ebay. I'm jusing chrome because I can't seen to get a secure connection on Mozilla...I have called ebay numberous timeds with no results.

Login to Me Too

Gmt
New Community Member
Folks had same problem but fixed it. Stating the obvious but make sure your card that is selected in paypal has not expired. I had not used eBay for a while and the card it had registered for me even via paypal was my old one. Daft but true.
Login to Me Too

tt503
New Community Member

I have been using ebay and Paypal for many years. I used Paypal (verified with my checking account) and I have 2 active Visa cards that I normally used to pay for ebay items; however when my wife started having her own ebay account, we have a problem with Paypal payments because Paypal will not allow 2 accounts having the same checking account for verification purpose. Now they are forcing me to apply for a Paypal Master card which I do not want to. Now I am stuck and I do not know how to pay for an item that I've just bought on eBay. The seller is waiting for the payment.

Why can't Paypal get rid of the verification, they have my SSN, birthdate, address, etc. I guess the real purpose of the checking is to force users to pay through checking accounts so Paypal don't have to pay Visa fees.

Why can't eBay let us pay directly with Visa or Mastercard if the merchant accept them? Why eBay force users to pay through Paypal?

This is like monopoly; the government should investigate this practice?

Login to Me Too

mememeto
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problems.

tried

1. using 3 different browsers....no go

2. cleaned history and cache and temp files....no go

3. went to public library....first payment went thru

BUT then I decide to buy an item...ie buy now

tried to pay ..and again same thing,,no go.

So must not be my system at home.

Now what?

I can log on to paypal but no invoice there so can not pay

if I go to paypal and do not log in.,I can tell not logged in

refresh screen...and still not logged in

I then go to ebay, log into ebay and try to pay....no go

but if i go to the paypal window I had open and refresh,,I am logged in paypay

So going thru ebay, it logs me into paypal, yet can not pay using paypal through ebay

please help

seller wondering why i will not pay

Login to Me Too

computerunsavvy
New Community Member

Had same problem (but only on one computer at home...I thought it was set up like my laptop).  I thought of a trick one of our banks told me about a while back.  If you're using Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), try switching to IE8 temporarily:

1. While in your checkout window, go to the Tools tab in your browser.
  2. Click on F12 Developer Tools (it won't ask for your credentials Smiley Wink). 
  3. Select IE8. 
  4. That should refresh your page
  5. Now retry clicking on "Log into PayPal". 

That worked for me.  I believe when you close your internet session, your new session will "revert" back to IE9. 

Also, depending on how you have your security and internet settings, try clicking on CTRL and the log in button to open into a new window.  That usually works, but didn't this time...so I resorted to switching to IE8 for my session in order to pay for my items.

There may be an update for IE9, so try keeping it updated -- I'll do that for mine right now 🙂

Hope that helps someone.

Login to Me Too

samanthawhite
Contributor
Contributor
I trying to pay for iphone as buy it now but evety time i go to pay sign in my paypal i get sent back to pay page it it say ebayebay has loged you out of paypal click pay.
Login to Me Too

Liffy19
Contributor
Contributor
I've been using PayPal for over 10 years and not a problem until now... I can't pay for anything just keeps saying PayPal is not avaliable at the moment and returns to checkout on ebay or I offer.... Very very annoying and try getting and answer off eBay or PayPal no chance wish this would be fixed and quick...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.